Kerala is truly God’s own country and is alluring, stretched emerald green province that holds spellbound to anyone who steps in to its domain. Geographically, Kerala is situated between Western Ghats and Lakshadweep Sea. It is formed by its laminated countryside, approximately 600kms of divine Arabian Sea coast, and palm-lined beaches; a sluggish network of lustrous backwaters: and the tea and spice covered hills of the Western Ghats. The landscape of Kerala is a gift of sea and mountains.
Kerala is also a home to wild elephants, exotic birds and the odd tiger, while dynamic traditions such as Kathakali plays, temple festivals and snake-boat races repeatedly deliver even the tiny village to life. It is also renowned for luxurious houseboats, Ayurvedic treatments and delicately spiced cuisine. In this serene region of Kerala, decorated with greens, that one can delve into an excellent entrance- a liberation unravelling miles of golden sands with the immense blue of the glorious Arabian Sea.
1. Munnar: Positioned at an altitude of 1600 feet above sea level, famous as the Kashmir of the South is captivating place of luscious green mountains decked with tea and coffee plantation Enthralls its visitors with beguiling landscape. Munnar is one of the fascinations that bestows to Kerala’s recognition as a travel destination among travelling lovers. Image credit: wikipedia
2. Thekkady, Hekkady, Periyar Tiger Reserve: Periyar Tiger Reserve, Thekkady is believably the outstanding place in Kerala to observe wildlife and therefore it’s a dream destination for anyone visiting Kerala. With great breath-taking charm, prosperous in bio diversity and providing genuine delight and contentment to visitors, Thekkady is an illustration of nature’s endowment. Image credit: exploreperiyar.com
3. Alappuzha Backwaters: Alappuzha is a crucial backwater tourist center, the complex structure of canals that snake their way through the vast expanse of paddy fields and through the lanes grant the pseudonym of Venice of the East, enchants several thousands of foreign tourists each year. The district is notorious for its marine merchandise, boat races, houseboat holidays and beaches. Image credit: holidaytravel.co
4. Vagamon: Vagamon, is a sleepy town with its panoramic valleys, alluring lavish green meadows, enchanting pine woods, tea estates, mists, fogs, waterfalls with the overall greenery is truly eye-catching. It is also a home to a large variety of flowers and orchids. It is perfect hideout for honeymooners and people who desire for a relaxation. Image credit: himaharshamvagamon.com
5. Cochin/Enarakulam: Identified as the Queen of the Arabian Sea, Kochi was crucial spice trading center on the west coast of India from the 14th century. Kochi is based on the Enarakulam district is once called as Kochin. Enarakulam is also an excellent choice for refreshment and immense range for shopping. Image credit: superyachtnews.com
6. Kovalam: Kovalam famous as the paradise of the south is internationally well-known beach and it has been a preferred hangout for the Europeans since 1930s. True to its name the village offers an endless view of coconut trees. An extensive rocky headland on the beach has formed an alluring bay of serene waters indefectible for sea bathing. Image credit: wikipedia
7. Thiruvananthapuram: Thiruvananthapuram, considered as one of the 10 greenest city of India is the capital city of Kerala. The city is an antique domain with commercialization legend dating back to 1000 B.C. it is also the political nerve center of Kerala. Image credit: keralawindow.net
8. Thrissur: Thrissur notorious as the Cultural Capital of Kerala due to its religious, spiritual and cultural tendency throughout the history. The homestead of several outstanding culture centers including the Kerala Kalamandalam, Sahitya Academy and Sangeetha Academy, Thrissur has an exceptionally luxurious past as well as a vigorous present. The city is compatible with the world famous and spectacular Pooram Festival. Image credit: thrissurdtpc.com
9. Thenmala: Popularly known as the “Honey-hill” is a unique destination worth exploring. It is country’s first projected eco-tourism destination, which is obtaining recognition due to its exclusive views, bio-diversity and operation.Image credit: smartkeralaholidays.com