North East India is a chunk of the seven hill states collectively known as the “Seven Sisters”. From the beauty of hills and waterfalls to the fun activities, North East India holds exceptional wondrous features which attract numerous travelers from and across the country. This is the reason why this Himalayan region tops as a winter holiday destination. And if you are still thinking why, then you will be amazed to witness the impressive views of the misty mountain peaks, blissful weather, gorgeous waterfalls, virgin forests, stunning valleys, lush green tea gardens and unique species of flora and fauna.
Check out the best winter destinations of North-East India
Mayodia is undoubtedly the most sought winter destination of North-East that experiences huge inrush of tourists every year. Snowfall is the main aspect of the place which turns your vacation to be fruitful and memorable.
- Famous for: Snowfall.
- Top interest: Adventure sports, natural landscapes and wildlife wilderness.
- Where to stay: Eje Breeze Tower, Dibang Valley Jungle Camp, Minu Hotel, Forest Rest House, and DS Hotel.
2. Kaziranga National Park:
Make sure your North-East vacation packages include the major home of one-horned Rhinoceros. Winter is the best time to enjoy an idyllic and pleasant wildlife outing.
- Famous for: One-horned Rhinos.
- Top interest: National parks and wildlife sanctuaries.
- Where to stay: Wild Grass Lodge, Kaziranga Florican Lodge, Jonaki Kareng, Resort Borgos, and Hotel Nakshatra.
Tawang is a perfect getaway for people who love snow and hills. It is during winters when the place features beautiful winter landscapes and stunning snow-clad peaks arresting the views of nature lovers.
- Famous for: Tawang Monastery.
- Top interest: Monasteries, lakes, hills, passes.
- Where to stay: Norphel Retreat, Hotel Pemaling, Tawang Lodge, Wangchuk Hotel Mongar, and Hotel Yangzom.
Sikkim, the hidden paradise is the most frequented tourist destination of India. If you are travel fanatic, then hurry and avail the best North-East packages from Bagdogra to explore its snow-clad mountain peaks and frozen lakes.
- Famous for: Snow-clad lakes, silk-route, monasteries, wildlife, and rhododendrons.
- Top interest: Trekking, yak safaris.
- Where to stay: Summit Norling Resort & Spa, Yarlam, Mayfair Spa Resort & Casino, and The Bliss Village Resort.
If you are a nature enthusiast, Pelling is your ideal place for northeast vacations, where you can observe nature from the closest. It’s main USP being the breathtaking views of Mt. Kanchenjunga and surrounding mountain ranges.
- Famous for: Landscapes.
- Top interest: Monasteries, adventure sports, sightseeing, and natural landscapes.
- Where to stay: The Elgin Mount Pandim, Himalayan Retreat & Resort, Norbu Ghang Resort, and Summit Newa Regency.
Also famous as “Scotland of the East”, Shillong retains an amiable atmosphere throughout the year which makes it an amazing tourist destination.
- Famous for: Waterfalls.
- Top interest: Nature, wildlife, and shopping.
- Where to stay: Hotel Centre Point, Ri Kynjai, Royal Heritage-Tripura Castle, and Hotel Polo Towers.
Stretching over the Himalayas, the quaint hill station of Darjeeling is quite popular among tourists. Winter is the best time to visit this enchanting hill town to explore the nature at its best.
- Famous for: Tea, Himalayan Toy Train, and spectacular mountain vistas.
- Top interest: Trekking, toy train ride, cable car ride and sunrise view.
- Where to stay: Mayfair Darjeeling, Sinclairs Darjeeling, Hotel Windamere, and Central Nirvana Resort.
Ziro experiences a pleasant climate throughout the year. However, the valley becomes a bit chilly during winters but daytime is really warm and skies are clear allowing you to fancy the winter landscapes.
- Famous for: Stunning landscapes.
- Top interest: Hiking, handlooms, handicraft items.
- Where to stay: Ziro Valley Resort, Hotel Blue Pine, Siiro Resort, Pine Ridge Hotel, and Paradise Guesthouse.
Besides the fact that Cherrapunji is the world`s wettest place, it is still a coveted tourist place that has retained its pristine beauty, perpetual mist and the rich abode of clouds.
- Famous for: Living Root Bridges.
- Top interest: Nature and adventure activities.
- Where to stay: Polo Orchid Resort, The Zara Residency, Royal Heritage-Tripura Castle, and Hotel Pegasus Crown.
Top Things to do in North-East India during winters
- Marvel at the pristine province of snow at Nathu La Pass
- Get into the realm of wild with the one-horned rhinoceros at Kaziranga National Park
- Dance, sing along and be merry at Day and Night Concert at mesmerizing Ziro Valley
- Yield to the call of the Siang River for adventure white water rafting
- Get immersed in the enchanting aura of the breathtaking Nuranang Falls
If you are looking for a special winter package then, treat yourself with the best North-East packages to relax and indulge in holiday trip with family and friends. Make your vacation worthy, travel to the Shillong, Sikkim, Darjeeling, Tawang this winter and relive your life exploring the tourism with personalized northeast Indian tourism packages.